Translate

Friday, May 1, 2015

Staying Focused on God in the Midst of Trials (Mark 13:9-13)


But watch yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils. You will be beaten in synagogues. You will stand before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony to them. The Good News must first be preached to all the nations. When they lead you away and deliver you up, don’t be anxious beforehand, or premeditate what you will say, but say whatever will be given you in that hour. For it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. (13:9-11)

My disciples have to accept that they have to face suffering in this world, they have to deny themselves, to carry their cross and follow me. It is mostly through their testimony that they will receive a cross to carry daily. Not everyone will welcome your testimony of my love. Don’t forget that the word martyr carries the original meaning in Greek of witness or testimony. The student is not greater that his teacher, if the world hated me, it will hate you also. If the world kept my words, it will keep yours also. Do not seek suffering, but learn to let my love in you be stronger than your fear of suffering. In this way, through my dear disciples, all the nations will hear my word, all will be invited to follow my path of love and faith in the Father, all will be invited to come to me and discover that I am really the way and the truth and the life. 
Do not be anxious about what to say. Learn to listen to me, to let the Holy Spirit teach you all things, and we will teach you to remain in me and I in you, so that you will clearly recognize my voice as your shepherd. Invite the Holy Spirit to dwell in you continually, so that you are one of the temples of the living God. In this way, when the times gets tough, you will still be able to be guided by our love. Sometimes, through angels we will free you from prisons, in other situations you will have to accept suffering and give the witness of faith to the price of blood. Remember that when I was facing the High Priest and then Pilate, I spoke the words that the Father gave me. The high priest, Caiaphas, had me slapped violently, the governor, Pilate, was so touched by the words the Father gave me to say that he did all he could to release me. Don’t be concerned about the result of your witness, focus on us and on letting us lead you, in your words and actions, for the glory of the Father. When Paul was facing kings and governors, we guided him, when Peter and John were before judges, they did not fear because the Holy Spirit continued to guide them. If the world does not see me anymore, by faith you are still able to see me and to hear me speak to you. That is what happened to Steven when he witnessed of our love at the price of his life, that is what happened and still happens today for many of my dear disciples. 
Don’t expect that you can discard the importance of learning to listen to the Holy Spirit and to me during your life, and that when suffering happens, it will be easy to hear our voice. It is better for you to learn to listen to my voice in the calm of your days, so that when there will be many voices around you, attacks or suffering, you will still be able to listen to me, to do my will and to speak my words. 

Brother will deliver up brother to death, and the father his child. Children will rise up against parents, and cause them to be put to death. You will be hated by all men for my name’s sake, but he who endures to the end will be saved. (13-12-13)


As you learn to follow my path of love and faith, of humility and peace, it will not mean that all your family or friends will rejoice. Some will be touched and come to me. Others will be indifferent. Some will become violent toward you, either through harsh or mocking words, or even physical violence. This has been the case since my death, and many of my disciples have given their life out of love for their neighbor. Yet, remember that all this is still birth pains. As you stay attached to me, as you remain in me and I in you, as you continue to listen to my voice and to follow my love, you will receive the deliverance and complete healing that is prepared for you. You will be saved from sin and death, you will follow me and enjoy the resurrected life with all those who have already joined us in heaven. Eternal life begins in the fellowship with us, through the Holy Spirit, and prepares you for this complete salvation when you will be glorified and forever with us in heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment