Translate

Friday, May 22, 2015

Welcoming Victory Over Death (Mark 16:1-8)

When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, that they might come and anoint him. Very early on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. They were saying among themselves, “Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?” for it was very big. Looking up, they saw that the stone was rolled back.
Entering into the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed in a white robe, and they were amazed. He said to them, “Don’t be amazed. You seek Jesus, the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen. He is not here. Behold, the place where they laid him! But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He goes before you into Galilee. There you will see him, as he said to you.’” (16:1-7)

These women were coming to honor me, to honor the devotion they showed to me during my life. They had no hope left, yet the greatest of my miracles was there. My body had died, yet my spirit was well and alive, and the Father resurrected my body, through the power of the Spirit of holiness.
Nothing is impossible with the Father, and with the Spirit we proved that sin and death were conquered, my body was resurrected. Death could not hold me, because it had no right on me, no sin was found in me. The devil thought he had won the battle, while it was its defeat. Death has lost its sting, and sin is no more the master of humanity. This victory is not for me only, but is to be shared with all my disciples. 
Angels reminded my words to these dear women, to tell Peter and my other disciples that I would be in Galilee. Where they saw me first, in Galilee, they would see me again. Fellowship with me was not destroyed but would be renewed. My words did not die on the cross, they went through my physical death and prepared for my resurrection. 

They went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had come on them. They said nothing to anyone; for they were afraid. (16:8)

Like many, when they faced the astonishing news of my resurrection, they did not believe and became frightened. Their hope was crushed, and even angels did not convince them but only frightened them. I had to appear to Mary Magdalene, to speak with her, and then she went to share with the others. 
Many in your world are focusing on human power, and have a hard time realizing that the Father is not limited in the way humans are limited. So many things, that are impossible with men, become possible with God. Have faith in me, I have conquered sin and death. Follow me and let me extend the domain of your possibilities as you remain in me and as my love remains in you. 
During my life, through my communion with the Father, I showed His power over diseases and impure spirits, and ultimately over death. Through my resurrection, I opened fully the path for my disciples, so that they could follow me and welcome the same power of life and love. 
Yet, today you have many who have the form of Christianity without its power or purity. They claim with their mouth that they are my disciples, while their hearts are far from me. You cannot cheat me or the Father, you cannot deceive us. Either you are with me, and you learn to listen to my voice and follow me, or you have your own plans and goals for your life, and at best you come to me with the hope that I will fix the problems in your plans. Resurrection is not for the hypocrites who show a Christian face to hide a selfish heart. Resurrection is for my humble disciples, who are learning from me and who follow me with faith, hope and love. Resurrection is for the ones who learn with me what love is, love for God and love for your neighbor. 
I want to bring life to my whole church, to revive it, to resurrect it with my love. All those who learn to let my life and my love rule in their heart will experience the joy of fellowship with me. Where two or there are together in my name, I am in the midst of them. I will speak with them and guide them. A sign that they are my disciples is that they will do what I did. They will even do greater things, they will walk with the Holy Spirit and He will teach them. As you learn to let my love dwell in you, as you remain in me, ask in my name and you will receive. In this way, the Father will be glorified. You will bring many fruits to His glory and this will be the clear demonstration that you are indeed my disciples. 


I have overcome death, I am the way the truth and the life. Come and follow me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment