Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Share the Good News Everywhere (Mark 16:9-20)


Now when he had risen early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons. She went and told those who had been with him, as they mourned and wept. When they heard that he was alive, and had been seen by her, they disbelieved. After these things he was revealed in another form to two of them, as they walked, on their way into the country. They went away and told it to the rest. They didn’t believe them, either.
Afterward he was revealed to the eleven themselves as they sat at the table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they didn’t believe those who had seen him after he had risen. (16:9-14)

It was hard, for my disciples, to accept my resurrection. I decided to appear to different persons progressively. I did appear to Mary Magdalene, and to two disciples on their way to Emmaus. Yet, this was not enough for the twelve. I did not want to come first to the twelve, but rather letting them hear testimonies from others first. In this way, they had to discern for themselves, and it was a preparation for what would become their ministry. 
Because they struggled to accept that I was resurrected, they could later understand how people would struggle with this simple fact of my resurrection, as they would preach the Good News in the world. They would better understand the need for signs to support their message, as a manifestation of the Father’s love. 

He said to them, “Go into all the world, and preach the Good News to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned. (16:15-16)

The Good News is that death is conquered, that I came to deliver people from sin and its consequence - eternal death. The key for welcoming this good news is to believe in me, to listen to me and to follow me. A consequence of listening to me and following me, is that you will be baptized as I was baptized. I showed the way to follow. I am the way to follow. If people don’t trust me and don’t learn to follow me, through the Holy Spirit speaking in their hearts, then they will be condemned. I have opened the way to eternal life, and if you follow me on the narrow path of faithful love, you will find life. Life is in me and in the Father, eternal life is in us. I am the way, the life and the truth, apart from me there is no eternal life. When people reject me, they reject eternal life and receive the consequence of this rejection, which is that they will not participate into our eternal life and will reap the consequence: condemnation and death. Death has reigned from Adam until my coming. I came to offer a way out of this path of condemnation and death, through my blood and sacrifice. I offered my life, although death could not hold me because I had not sinned, it had no right on me, and ultimately - after three days - death had to release me. The Spirit of holiness vindicated me, and wants to enable all my disciples to welcome this eternal life and be saved from sin and death. 
Baptism is not a magical step, that grants eternal life through specific words pronounced or specific gestures. Baptism is to be an expression of your faith and trust in me, and when it is the case, you will experience the deliverance promised, you will welcome through the Holy Spirit the first fruits of eternal life. 

These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new languages; they will take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it will in no way hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” (16:17-18)

The two key signs that will accompany my disciples will be their ability to cast out demons and to heal the sick, as it was the case during my ministry on earth and the ministry of the twelve. Other miracles will also happen, like speaking in new languages or being protected from poison. My disciples will be protected, but not in the sense that some imagine. It is not about being immortal in this world, it is rather about showing that my love is real. Many of my disciples will still see physical death, although this will be a door that leads to eternal life. When Paul was bitten by a serpent, as people could see that he did not die, it was a sign of divine favor that helped him to preach the good news to the inhabitants of the island where he was (see Acts 28). 
Speaking in new languages can help people to share my message to the world, in specific situations where it is needed, like at the time of Pentecost (see Acts 2). 
Casting out demons is of major importance in your world, as people often discard this as a practice of a past age. You don’t need to shout or impress people, what is needed is a real communion with me and the aptitude to follow my guidance in order to cast out impure spirits. Remember that your world, even if it looks different with technology and science, is the same as it was during my life on earth. Impure spirits continue to afflict and oppress people. 
Through my presence in my disciples, through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we will be able to speak to you and to guide you on how to cast out evil spirit. The key element is your intimacy with me, as you learn to follow my guidance. You will then see impure spirits leave, when you command them in my name. They will leave the dear children of the Father that are oppressed. This is how Mary Magdalene was delivered, this is how many in your world need to be set free. In the same way, by following my guidance you will be able to lay hands on the sick and see them recover. 
Don’t forget that the good news is intimately related to casting out demons and healing people. When people are delivered or healed, invite them to welcome me as their Lord and Savior, so that I can keep them free from what afflicted them. In all this, the key is to let me guide you, I am your good shepherd. By the results you see, you will recognize if it is only your ideas or if it is really us that guide you. A tree is recognized by its fruits, and a good tree produces good fruits. 
For centuries, so many who come to my teachings have lost this faith and aptitude to heal and cast out demons. Yet, it was the way for my disciples then, and should still be their way today. Remember that love is the key, a real intimacy and loving relationship with me, as well as learning to love your neighbor. It is very practical and simple. As you develop this real intimacy with me, these gifts will come in your life, as you follow my guidance. I am alive and well, and through the power of the Holy Spirit I can guide all my disciples throughout the world. Do not focus on the lack of miracles in your life, but focus rather on developing a real intimacy with me, so that you learn to love as I loved, and see my love flow through you like rivers of living water. Then you will see people delivered and healed, then you will see my Good News spreading through you to many. 

So then the Lord, after he had spoken to them, was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. They went out, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed. Amen. (16:19-20)

As you learn to be my disciple, you will also see how my word in you will be accompanied by the signs mentioned. Don’t forget, the written words that you have in the Gospels need to become alive in you through the Holy Spirit, in order to see the transforming power of the Good News in you and through you. The teachings of the Bible speak about me, and invite you to a living relationship with me. 
Ask the Heavenly Father to give you the Holy Spirit, so that our love is poured into your heart. If imperfect human parents know how to give good things to their children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him. You will then experience my presence and learn to recognize my voice, as a sheep recognizes the voice of his good shepherd. You will then see how my love can flow through you and bless many. 

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. Through me the world was created. Through me each human can receive eternal life. Enter into the kingdom of the Father. Enter in my path of pure love. Shine as a light for this world, through the powerful love of the Holy Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment