Translate

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Jesus' Family Comes to Seize Him (Mark 3:20-21)

Man's will or God's will?

Then he went home, and the crowd gathered again, so that they could not even eat bread. And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for they were saying, "He is out of his mind."

When you minister, when you serve me, you have to move by faith, to walk in the Spirit. This implies that you will take some risks. In my case, it meant that I did take some risks, and experienced some uncomfortable situations. I did not like that the crowd was so pressing that sometimes we could not even eat bread. Yet, I had to seek the Father's solutions to the challenges I faced. 
When family members came and saw the pressing crowd, they wanted to apply their solution, they wanted to seize me and bring me home, judging in themselves that what I did was not wise. From a human point of view, a point of view of self-preservation, it was indeed unwise. But from the Father's point of view, it was part of the journey He was leading me on. I did not come on earth to preserve myself but to give my life, to love and to serve. As much as families love their children, they will always be tempted to protect them from pain, even sometimes at the risk of opposing the plans of the Father. In my case, they even said that I was out of my mind. What is more true is that what I did was out of their mind, but not out of the mind of the Father. 
Human love is not always wise, and the motivations need to be purified for love to be holy. 
Holy love is not first about self-preservation but about grace and transformation, bringing light and blessings to others. Follow my example, and learn to love even when the persons close to you don't understand clearly what you do. 
Wisdom from above comes from the quality of your communion with me, the clarity with which you learn to listen to me and to follow me. It is important that others accompany you in this journey. You have to learn to find brothers and sisters in the faith who are more focused on serving God than on comfort or self-preservation. They will help you move forward on the way of holy love. 
Yet, ultimately you have to learn to recognize my voice and to follow me. I have overcome the world. Remain in my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment