Translate

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Power Without Love Is Meaningless (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

1 Cor 13. Find the full StudyMap here
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clinging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

Jesus, please teach me concerning this text. 

Answer received:
Paul, the author if this text, experienced many miracles and received many revelations from me. Yet, he also realized that  all the spiritual gifts were nothing in comparison with love. He is not saying that knowledge and miracles are not important, because they are. I did many miracles during my time on earth, but it was out of love that I did all of them. When I was asked to perform a miracle to prove something, when love was not the root of a action, I could not and did not want to perform miracles, even when the Pharisees insisted. Yet, if love is not the foundation of all this, it is useless. Praying and seeing people healed is meaningful when it reveals God’s love and your love for persons. Love is the real goal for all humans. 
You are to learn to love the Father, the Holy Spirit and me, you are to learn to love yourself as well as your neighbors. The key in all that is to receive our love as you learn to commune with us, to have fellowship with us in prayer. As you learn in our presence how much we love us and how we guide you to receive and give our love, you will be able to accomplish your human destiny. Each human being is different, and we want to guide each in a unique way. Yet, there is a common point for all, love. 
It is because of our love that with the Father and the Holy Spirit we created the universe. It is out of love that we created Adam and Eve. It is out of love that we taught Adam to lo love and live. It is out of love that we did not destroy Adam and Eve when they sinned but rather prepared the way for our love to be received again fully. It is out of love that we protected Noah and his family when the sins of the men around was causing so many ravages and destroying their world. It is out of love that we pulled Abraham away for the deadly idolatry of his family. It is out of love that we lead Moses to deliver Israel from slavery and to teach them to come to us. It is out of love that we taught David how to follow us as a sheep follows a shepherd, and to teach others through psalms. It is out of love for Israel that we sent prophets to warn and to encourage. It is out of love that I was sent to earth, to teach people to love the Father and to follow His direction. It is out of love that we sent the Holy Spirit since Pentecost until now. It is out of love that we spoke to Paul, leading him to discover our love and how to share this love with others. It is out of love that we did not permit my Church to crumble in nothingness because of the many sins and foolish things that people did. It is out of love that I continue to speak with you and many others still today. 
I, Jesus, am alive, and I promised that I would be with all who join in my name. When two or three are united in my name, I am among them. It is really hard to teach people how to love as long as they have not learned to dialogue with me as Abraham did, as Moses did or as David did. It is pretty hard to teach love to people who think they already know while they don’t. Yet, we will never abandon. 
The best you can do is to understand that power is not first but that relationships are first. As you learn to develop a strong relationship with me, a relationship grounded in love, this love will overflow from your life and bless many others. To love is not always easy, it involves sometimes pain. Yet, it is in love that your life takes meaning, that your future becomes bright, and that your purpose in this world becomes clear. 
Remember that you first have to learn to receive our love and to develop fellowship with me, so that you are filled with love and become able to share this love with others. It is by grace, through faith, that you are delivered from sin and dark paths, it is by grace and through faith that you receive our love. You then become able to do the good works that we prepared for you, works of love and peace, of joy and freedom. As your life becomes filled with our love, as you learn the fundamental art of prayer and fellowship with us, you become able to fulfill your destiny of love, you can become the person we created you to be, and joy will become your constant companion, my peace will not leave you, and your communion with us will allow you to shine of our love like a light shines on a lamp stand. You will then see our love flow in you and through you, as Paul did, and see the miracles of our grace spread through you to many. 

You will then know that no power or knowledge, no spiritual gift in this world can replace the importance of love, a lesson that Paul learned well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment